Friday, January 27, 2006

3-Dec-2005: Down to Moalboal

Had a wonderful breakfast at the Waterfront Hotel. Included in cost of accommodation.

At 11.00am I was picked up by Ricky for drive down to Moalboal. Before we hit the road proper, we drop off at a shopping mall in Cebu to use the ATM.

Most important: There are no ATM's in Moalboal so you will need to use cash.

Hit the road to Moalboal. The drive is over 3 hours - Distance 89kms over some of the worst roads imaginable. Pot holes everywhere to avoid. One of the most obvious things you need to get used to is the driving in the Philippines. There does not appear to be any road rules.

Safely arrive in Moalboal and Love's Lodge. My room is basic consisting of two single beds and a fan and bathroom. Small hotwater heater on the wall. About $25.00 US a day.

This first night in Moalboal relaxing in the restauarnt over-looking the water towards Pescador Island was just the best. I felt a million miles away from any care.

Tonight I had the vegetable curry which was the best I have had for ages. What a treat. Very inexpensive, but so basic it made my mouth water. Wll sleep like a log tonight, after all the running about. My holiday finally starts properly, and I can unwind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home